What is career?
It is a trend in this generation where almost every youth talks about career and calling after they have completed their SPM/O’Levels OR STPM/A’Levels
Before you get a job, you’ll need to think about a career path which suits you. It is very important for youth nowadays to find out more about the career they want and always dream off. Even after they have completed their Degree, youth are still not sure about their career and industry.
Doing a career profile and career plan.
Every youth should search within themselves when it comes to career, what they actually want to do. It is important for youth as it will help us in our future. There are few ways youth can explore such as:
- Go to the website that feature interviews where people chat about their job or training course.
- We can also survey the working environment to see whether it’s suitable for us or not. This is to help us with more information and be comfortable during our working hours.
- Identify your skills, goals, and interest is part of putting a career plan that helps in picking jobs, course or training program.
- Expert reviews
- Meet a career counselor
- Go to career expo
- Look into job advertisements to stream down the requirements
- Search online on the different career options.
With this, it will help us to come up with a strategy to get into work or training that leads to your chosen job.
Wishing all youth the best in choosing your career.
About the author:
Sharmine Kaur has just completed her SPM and currently pursuing her Diploma in Multimedia in TAR College. She enjoys outdoor activities, music and multimedia. She plays the guitar and now learning piano by herself to stretch her learning as a journey of life.